I don't think I need to explain the meaning of "Make Mine Chocolate" to anyone who reads this blog. Nor do I need to enumerate the dangers of buying rabbits for Easter. And the need to educate anyone you can about those dangers.
I am a big supporter of "Make Mine Chocolate," even having bought an Easter bunny myself 3 years ago.
But what about "Make Mine Moss"?
I got this in the mail from Jon's parents today. Isn't he cute? It's a little moss-covered bunny with an Ivy plant growing around him.
(Yeah, I know my jade plant looks badly. I'm not happy about that.)
Isn't he cute! He needs a name. He did come in a nice little terra cotta pot but I wanted to keep him in the plastic to minimize leakage and with the box holding him upright.
I checked the toxic houseplant list right away, (http://www.adoptarabbit.com/articles/toxic.html), and Ivy IS toxic to rabbits, so this little rabbit was moved into the bedroom.
I hope I don't kill him!